Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


My heartfelt THANKS to Beckie at By the Book for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! I am so very honored - and how fun to share some of my favorite things.





Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award Rules:

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
  • Put the award logo on your blog.
  • Answer the ten questions sent to you.
  • Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Nominate ten blogs.



_________________________



First, to answer Beckie's questions . . .

1. What was your favorite book as a child?
As a standalone story, probably Heidi. But I quickly fell in love with mysteries, and while Nancy Drew was good, Judy Bolton was fantastic!




2. Where do you spend the most time reading?
Sitting in my sunroom, looking out on our back yard


3. Favorite beverage or snack while reading?
Cappuccino made in my Tassimo brewer





4. Character you would like to hang out with?
Father Peregrine, Abbot of St. Alcuin's  from The Hawk and the Dove trilogy by Penelope Wilcock. A debilitating accident transformed this wise, but distant, leader into a true shepherd of love and mercy. One of the most memorable characters I've come across in literature.




5. Least favorite genre and why?
Sci-fi, speculative, fantasy, etc. Can't really explain why, just know I don't enjoy it.


6. Author you would like to hang out with?
I would love to sit beside Laura Frantz in the porch swing of her new Kentucky log cabin . . . or spend time with Amy Clipston because we both love cats, and she has several . . . or visit Suzanne Woods Fisher so I could meet the adorable puppies she raises for Guide Dogs for the Blind. They just happen to be outstanding authors also!




7. Is there a book you would love to see made into a movie?
Saving Amelie by Cathy Gohlke - an epic WWII story that's so relevant for the times in which we live




8. Favorite activity other than reading?
Playing the piano. I taught piano for several years and have been a church pianist for almost 50 years.


9.  Favorite TV show?
Past - MASH  /  Present - Major Crimes


10. Favorite Bible verse?
How do you choose only one?! Scriptures minister in different ways at different times, but Zephaniah 3:17 is definitely a favorite - both for encouragement and because the idea of God rejoicing over us with singing is utterly fascinating.


The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no
longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.


_________________________


There are a lot of excellent bloggers out there, but here are a few that I've come to know and respect as reviewers. By the way, I'm ignoring the "sisterhood" and nominating Mark along with these talented ladies . . .

Kav at bestreads-kav.blogspot.com
Mark at thoughtsofasojourner.blogspot.com
Katrina at katrinaepperson.blogspot.com
Heidi at heidi-reads.blogspot.com
Amy at myseasonsofopportunities.blogspot.com
Sarah at godbooksandchocolate.blogspot.com
Carrie at readingismysuperpower.wordpress.com


And here are your questions . . .

1) What do you enjoy most about fall?
2) What book are you currently reading?
3) Are you an introvert, extravert, or somewhere in between?
4) What's your favorite genre? Least favorite genre?
5) What is one of your favorite reads so far this year?
6) Have you enjoyed a non-fiction book that you would recommend?
7) If you had a bucket list, name one thing that would be on it.
8) Do you have a favorite hymn or Christian song?
9) If you were given the opportunity to travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
10) What Bible verse has ministered to you recently?

I hope you will all have fun with this and I look forward to your answers. Thank you again to Beckie and to all bloggers who work to promote excellence in Christian writing.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Carole! You are so very sweet :) I am honored to be a reviewer alongside you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connecting with a few bloggers like yourself has been the best thing about all this, Carrie. So glad we can support each other!

      Delete
  2. How fun -- nice to get to know you better. And -- gasp -- never heard of the Judy Bolton mysteries. it was Trixie Belden and Nancy Drew for me all the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kav, I read some Trixie Belden also. But believe me, you would have loved Judy Bolton. She dated a guy named Peter, who eventually became an FBI agent, and they married about 3/4 way through the series. The mysteries themselves were similar in nature to Nancy Drew, but it was the characterization and relationship between Judy and Peter that made the series so good. I don't think I read much more of Nancy Drew once I discovered Judy Bolton.

      Delete
  3. Honored by the mention and photo, dear Carole! Heartfelt thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I just love thinking about you in those Kentucky woods. Nothing could be more fitting for the type of stories you write. You instantly came to mind when I read that question!

      Delete
  4. Carole! What a lovely post to discover on my FB page! Thanks for being such a faithful friend. XO Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, there's so much more to you than the books you write and getting to know you has been a blessing. Looking forward to reading your new book very soon!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for participating Carole. I was a big Nancy Drew fan too. I also have not heard of Judy Bolton. I feel like I really missed out. LOL! Thanks for sharing with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun! I learned more about you from your answers, Carole - so thank you Sisterhood of the World Bloggers as well! Congratulations, you do deserve this! Love you, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Carole, for including Saving Amelie in your wishes for a movie. How great that would be!

    ReplyDelete