Friday, September 4, 2009



Hallie's Heart
By Shelly Beach

2008 Winner of Christy Award


Description:
As a single woman struggling to establish an antique shop in the sleepy town of Stewartville, Mona VandeMolen’s life is complicated enough. When she discovers her fifteen-year-old niece Hallie hiding in her abandoned beach house, consumed with guilt over her sister’s drowning death, Mona’s true battle begins.
My Thoughts:
I read lots of relationship-style dramas in the Christian fiction category, and thought Hallie's Heart would be another typical book in this genre. But Shelly Beach is an excellent writer and I quickly got caught up in this story that has depth and characters I care about. There's a tender romance also, although it's not the main focal point. I look forward to reading the sequel soon - Morningsong.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great book. (Women's fiction with a touch of romance is right up my alley :) Thanks for reviewing it.

    ReplyDelete