Monday, September 27, 2010



The House at Riverton

By Kate Morton


This is an excellent book and I enjoyed every minute spent within its pages. Morton does a masterful job taking the reader into the world of the rich and the servants who are devoted to them. 98-year-old Grace reminisces over her life, focusing on the years between 1914 and 1924, when she was in service as a lady's maid at a wealthy estate. Boundaries overlap between the "upstairs" and "downstairs" and tragic secrets are revealed.


It's hard for me to believe The House at Riverton is a debut book and I look forward to reading more by Ms. Morton. Here are her other two books:




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I'll need to keep this one in mind. BTW, I appreciate your leaving the comment on my blog about the grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole -

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.

    I'm not familiar with Ms. Morton's work, but you've piqued my curiosity. I'll have to check out her website.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete