Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Art of Christmas - Nicky Boehme


One of the neatest things about blogging is meeting and forming friendships with fellow bloggers around the world, and one of those special friends is Jo, who has a delightful blog that I highly recommend entitled Finding Joy in the Everyday.

Jo is a committed Christian who lives in Australia and blogs on a variety of topics, but one that always captures my attention is her weekly art post. Just like writing and music, painting is a beautiful and peaceful form of expression that reaches out to me. So, inspired by Jo, I would like to occasionally post about art that I enjoy.

I'm going to start off with some Christmas paintings by California artist Nicky Boehme. Through the use of light and cozy themes, Nicky's art has a romantic feel that I love. Leave a comment if you'd like, and may you enjoy these as much as I do. (You can click on the images to get larger views.)




Bringing Joy and Happiness



Not a Creature Was Stirring



Sailing in the Village


You'll quickly discover that nostalgic themes are a favorite  . . .


Christmas Festival



Toy Shop on Main Street


But these church and worship scenes are best of all . . .


Holiday Worship



Parents Pray


And aren't these precious?


Window Shopping



You Better Be Good

11 comments:

  1. This artist is talented, love the animals window shopping and the churches. Now I will visit your Australian blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And these are just her Christmas paintings, Terra! This is one of my favorite artists. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Love this :)))))) These paintings bring a smile to my face and such joy and aren't the colours beautiful. It makes me want to get right into Christmas. Which is good as I am just about to go out to a Christmas lunch with friends :) You have put me in the right mood!

    In Gods Grace
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, I'm loving this art theme . . . I'm so glad to have met you online and appreciate your inspiration.

      Delete
  3. WOW! I love this art! Especially the boats in the small harbor. But they are all magical. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I think that harbor picture is a Canadian setting. So glad you enjoyed these; Nicky Boehme is one of my favorite artists, but there are so many more! Come back any time.

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures. The artist has done a wonderful job of catching the Christmas spirit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! It's hard to pick a favorite, and I've scrolled through a few times now. At first it was Window Shopping because of the critters. But now I'm leaning toward Holiday Worship because it sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the paintings. They have a happy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is also one of my favorite artists. Very little is know about her except short biographies that can be found online. Wish I knew where she displays some of her original works or if she ever makes public appearances. Would love to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love her Christmas and Marine paintings.

    ReplyDelete