Monday, June 30, 2008

I love Sundays!

Yesterday, like most of my Sundays, started out with a 7:30 worship rehearsal. (I was so thankful for coffee!) We sang one of my favorite worship songs, Mighty to Save. The chorus goes like this:

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

Talk about God’s timing! Yesterday’s devotional tied right in with those words, and made them even more meaningful. Here’s an excerpt from it:

“You and I are simply jars of clay – fragile and unspectacular – but inside these humble vessels, God stores the treasure of his presence. We can barely move molehills, but God has the power to move mountains.
“We have a choice to make. We can whine about our thorns in the flesh, or we can remember God’s promise, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknesses’ (2 Corinthians 12:9). We can gripe about our limitations and the things that we lack, or we can go in the strength we have.”

I love the sentence, “We can barely move molehills, but God has the power to move mountains.” I definitely want to go in the strength that I do have within me!

1 comment:

  1. You started a blog and didn't tell me!! ;) I was wondering where you've been!

    ReplyDelete