Friday, December 13, 2013

Bloggers' Christmas Favorites - #3

For a special treat during December, I have asked a few of my blogging friends to share a favorite Christmas book with my readers. Today's guest is the delightfully refreshing Amber Perry from The Historical Christian Romance Review." Amber obviously enjoys romances and her reviews are both thorough and fun.


Amber Perry


Amber lives in central Washington with her husband and two young daughters. She can almost always be found wearing an apron and singing Broadway as she cares for her home and family. Amber's favorite things are writing, watching black & white movies, and eating anything with lemon.

Amber is so full of joy that you can't be around her long without smiling, and I am enjoying getting to know her. Amber loves to promote Christian historical romance and would welcome your visit at The Historical Christian Romance Review blog or Facebook page.

_______________

From Amber . . .

Carole, thank you so much for inviting me to share my favorite Christmas story! As you know, there are hundreds of wonderful novels, so it is hard to choose. I read CHRISTMAS ROSES last year and it really stuck with me. This adorable holiday story written by Amanda Cabot will have you sniffling your way through the end.




As with many historical Christian romances, I began this book prepared for a great romance, but in that respect it didn't deliver. HOWEVER, the end was SO dang-flippin' cute it more than made up for the slow parts. (No kisses in this story...it's a very clean, very sweet book that--in my opinion--you could have your daughter read. Which in fact, I believe could be said for all Cabot books.)

Celia Anderson is a widow caring for a young daughter while running a boarding house in a small Wyoming town.  When Mark--a traveling carpenter--comes to town looking for his long-lost father, he needs a place to stay for just one night. Little did they both know how their serendipitous meeting was actually God working in their lives.

I must admit, my favorite part of this book is when Mark comes to find Christ and connects with Joseph (as in Mary and Joseph) and what he might have experienced with being called to be the Savior's "earthly" father. Mark wants to be a father to Celia's daughter (as well as a husband to Celia, of course!) but he isn't sure he can do it...you'll have to read the rest to find out how he comes to terms with it.  I have always LOVED thinking about Joseph and what he experienced and felt through the whole miraculous story of Christ's birth, and I was just thrilled to see that Cabot included that in this book.

The end will melt your little 'ol heart. I was so touched and I know you won't be able to escape the sweetness...have a tissue ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment