Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bloggers' Christmas Favorites - #4

For a special treat during December, I have asked a few of my blogging friends to share a favorite Christmas book with my readers. Today's guest is Beckie Burnham, an excellent reviewer who blogs at By the Book. Beckie's reviews are well organized, informative, and thoughtful. If you're looking for quality book reviews, she is one to follow. I highly recommend Beckie's blog, By the Book, and encourage you to visit soon.

Now I'll let Beckie introduce herself and tell about a special children's book.


Beckie Burnham
Blog:  By the Book


"I am a 50-something crazy book lady who is serious about getting people to read good books. I have 3 college aged children, a wonderful husband and a menagerie of pets thanks to my husband's career as a veterinarian. I have been blogging for 4 years and have been very blessed by the many friends I have met through my blog."


_______________






My review -- The Sparkle Box by Jill Hardie, illustrated by Christine Kornacki. A wonderful message, beautifully told and illustrated, The Sparkle Box is targeted for children 4 and up. It tells the story of Sam and his family at Christmas. Amidst the holiday decorations and presents, Sam spies a glittery box nestled on the mantle. His parents explain that the Sparkle Box is a special gift that they will fill throughout the season and open when it is filled. Through the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, Sam sees glimpses of people in need and the way his family joins in giving.

The Sparkle Box is the perfect addition to your family’s Christmas reading. The illustrations are beautiful, the story told in a simple and clear manner and the message of giving is told practically for children to understand. I love that the book includes a Sparkle Box so that families can join in the tradition of giving in the name of Jesus. Great for your children or that special child in your life.

Highly Recommended.

(Thanks to PR By The Book for my copy of this book. All opinions are mine alone.)

Review link --
http://rbclibrary.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/book-review-the-sparkle-box/

2 comments:

  1. Carole, thanks so much for highlighting my blog. I hope all your readers check out The Sparkle Box. It is such a great book. A friend's Sunday School class made sparkle boxes as a family activity at their Christmas party. She said it was a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beckie, thank you for taking the time to share about this book with us. I'm glad you chose a children's book because this looks like one that families with young children would benefit from. I hope we can do this again!

    ReplyDelete