Thursday, November 26, 2015

Music That Touches My Soul




I’m always touched by various creative art forms – books, music, paintings – hence the title of my blog, The Power of Words. Although paintings don’t involve the written word, I think of them as speaking without words. And since music is such a huge part of my life, I’ve been wanting for a long time to somehow feature a few of my favorite songs over the years – and I don’t think there could be a more appropriate time to begin than Thanksgiving.

You’ll find a little of everything in this regular feature, but the majority will be music that speaks to me from the 60s and 70s – folk music, country, Broadway musicals, hymns, southern gospel, worship, etc. Maybe you’ll find some songs that you remember from the past, or maybe they’ll be new to you. But whatever, I hope you will enjoy the Music That Touches My Soul feature and share your thoughts with me.

First off, what could be more appropriate for this day of thanksgiving than Give Thanks, sung by Don Moen. I was blessed to hear Don lead worship at a music conference several years ago and was touched by his humble heart. Does anyone remember Give Thanks or still sing it in worship today?


Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks to the Holy One
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son

And now let the weak say, "I am strong"
Let the poor say, "I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us"
Give thanks




Video found on YouTube

1 comment:

  1. I love music! =) The song and video are lovely!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete