Saturday, July 4, 2015

The JOY of Art - Celebration of Freedom


Barbara Higgins-Bond


From sea to shining sea . . .

These artists convey so many themes of America's freedom celebration - country, parades, nostalgic, whimsical, families, fireworks, folk art, small towns, beloved pets. But these thoughts from Susie Larson's daily blessing say it best . . .

"May this be your declaration of dependence: It is for FREEDOM that Christ has set me free. I will live with boldness, courage, and conviction. I will love freely, give generously, and pray passionately. And, I will entrust my whole soul and story to God because I belong to Him. Thank you, Jesus, You've set me FREE!"

(Click on images to enlarge)




Billy Jacobs




Unknown / Amy Rosenberg




Susan Brabeau




Jane Maday




Mary Charles




Mark Frost / Jane Wooster Scott




Tan Chun Chiu




David Rottinghaus / George Kovach




Jack Sorenson




Tom Wood




Robin Roderick


3 comments:

  1. You found the best ever patriotic paintings. However did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carole for including one of my paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Literary Musing Mondays. I love, love the artwork. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete